I can not believe that it is already 2018! 2017 went by so quickly! It is that time of year when everyone is getting a new planner and I always think it is fun setting up a new planner each year! This year I decided to try something a little bit different. Instead of using a Lilly Pulitzer planner again, which I still love and would consider using again in the future, I picked a Recollections planner from Micheal’s. These planers are super cute and very similar to Erin Condren but much cheaper! I love how you can really use stickers in this planner where as with a Lilly planner it was a little harder just with the set up.
I asked you all on Instagram a couple months ago if you would like to see a over view of the Recollections planner and many of you said yes so that is exactly what I am going to share today! I have included lots of photos of the inside of the planner and I hope this helps you make your decision as to what type of planner you want to use this year!
I chose the vertical weekly layout because I think it is the easiest way for me to plan out my day. I also really like how the planner has a bunch of different stickers included in the book! This planner also has a double sided pocket in the back and a clear zippered pocket. This planner is a 18 month calendar but I went ahead and took out the pages from 2017 because I didn’t need them. Unfortunately, I do not believe you can get a 12 month planner from this brand.
Thank you so much for reading today! I hope you enjoyed this post! If you would like to see any other planner related posts let me know! As always if you have any post requests please let me know!
I am so excited about this post! It is a little bit different than my normal posts but I thought it would be fun to do a more lifestyle post and share a day in my life. Obviously not everyday looks exactly like this but you get the idea!
I typically wake up around 7:30 every morning and get ready first. Not going to lie, I don’t do anything special because I like to get as much sleep as possible in the mornings.
I normally try to pick out my outfit for each day the night before. I am dying to get my fall clothes out and pack my summer stuff away but the weather is just not cooperating.
I am a dual enrollment student at a local college this year so my schedule is not your typically high school schedule. I go to my High School for an hour each morning and then head to a local college campus for classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
After class I head over to the library and get some homework done before going back home.
Once I get home from school I will normally eat dinner and then I will finish up my homework.
I don’t work on Blog/Instagram stuff everyday but some nights when I do not have a lot of homework I will sit down and draft out a post, edit photos, or work on creating Instagram story images for the upcoming week.
After I am done with all my work for the day I will head to bed!
Thank you so much for reading today! I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know if you liked it and if you have any other post requests!
Today I am so excited to be doing a backpack review on one of the cutest backpacks on the market! The new Jadelynn Brooke backpacks for this year are adorable! I am in love with all three! Plus these backpacks are super functional and great quality!
For the first time Jadelynn Brooke also released a matching lunch box for each backpack! These lunch boxes can also double as makeup bags! I think they are super cute!
I received the backpack in the pattern Miss Independent in my first rep box for this semester and I was ecstatic! I love it it so much! I have decided that I am going to save this backpack to use when I travel but I think this backpack also makes a great bag to bring to school, dance bag, travel bag, or even a purse!
This backpack has TONS of interior pockets which make it so easy to keep all your supplies organized! I also love how spacious the pockets are! In the biggest compartment their is a laptop sleeve and a tablet sleeve! This laptop sleeve will fit 13 inch laptops or smaller. The straps are padded and great quality! I was pleasantly surprised by how durable they are! There are two water bottle pockets on each side of the bag as well! The zippers are probably my favorite part of the whole bag! I love how cute the zipper pulls are! All of the zippers are super smooth and I haven’t had any problems with them!
I am so excited to pack this bag up for my next trip! If you want to twin with me you can use code MMPSA for 15% off and I will send you FREE stickers! Make sure you contact me if you use my code!!
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful! As always if you have any blog post requests let me know! I love hearing from you!
School is officially in full swing and I have found my new routine for this school year! I wanted to share some of my favorites from these first couple weeks of school with all of you!
My first Favorite is this adorable necklace from Peachy Pendants! I have been loving wearing this throughout my senior year and it makes me so excited for graduation! Plus how cute is the packaging?! You can be twins with me and use code MOLLYPREPS for 25% off! If you use my code I will send you free stickers!!
I recieved these hair tie bracelets for Christmas this past year and I have been using them everyday this school year! I love having them so I can pull my heart back when I go to the library after class to study! I highly recommend them!
Without my planner I think I would be lost in school! I write EVERYTHING in here! My favorite pens are the PaperMate flair pens because they don’t bleed through paper! I did a whole blog post about how I organize my planner and you can find it here! I did however change up how I organize my planner for this school year so if you want an updated blog post let me know!
I wear the same pair of shoes 99.9% of the time but I am trying to switch it up this school year and I added these adorable black Marley Lilly flats to my closet! I love them and I am so excited to continue wearing them this fall! They seriously go with EVERYTHING!
I always make sure I have a water bottle with me and this one has been my go to lately! I love the color and the Lilly monogram is adorable! Plus it is such great quality! This waterbottle is from Lilly Curls Designs! You can use code MOLLY2017 for 20% off! Make sure to contact me if you use my code!
Thank you so much for reading today! I hope you enjoyed this post! What are your favorites for school? I would love to know! As always if you have any blog post requests let me know!
I am about to enter my senior year of High School which is absolutely crazy! I can not believe it! I am super excited thought to embark on this new chapter of my life! I have received so many requests for High School advice posts so I thought I would focus on all those Juniors today!
I remember going into Junior year and every one was telling me it was going to be the hardest. I believe that to an extent but trust me it is nothing you should stress out about. It is just a regular school year with some added requirements. I put together 5 tips/pieces of advice that will help you this year but remember that every school and every state is different so my Junior year can look COMPLETELY different from yours!
- Take your SAT and ACT tests early! I waited until January to take the SAT for the first time and March to take the ACT the first time. By taking them so late I wasn’t given a lot of time to take them again to improve my scores. Luckily I have this entire school year to work on improving them but I highly recommend starting early that way you have lots of time to get the scores you want!
- Tour Colleges your Junior year! I have talked to so many people and they are always saying how they started touring colleges their senior year. I definitely recommend starting the process at the beginning of your Junior year because college is a big decision and you want to have a lot of time to make sure you find the perfect fit! Start looking through all those emails and pamphlets you have been sent from colleges now that way you can get a better idea of where you might want to attend come your Freshman year. Most college applications open August 1st of your senior year of high school so it is nice to have an idea of where you want to apply. But if you are still unsure going into your senior year it is okay! I promise you aren’t the only one feeling like that!
- Focus on your school work and grades. You junior year grades are what colleges will see when you apply to colleges so it is so important that you are doing your best!
- Your Junior and Senior year of high school are going to be very busy with all the college tours, applications, and your school work itself so I recommend getting a head start on applying to scholarships your junior year. This can help your schedule senior year be a little less stressful. For me last year I was so busy with all my assignments and studying the last thing I wanted to think about was scholarships so I waited until the summer and I think I will be able to handle it all in the fall but if your schedule Junior year is not crazy I definitely recommend getting a head start!
- Have fun and be involved! You only get four years of high school and once those four years are gone they are gone! Go to school events, participate in fundraisers, try out for the team you have been wanting to play on, and just enjoy it! High school is supposed to be fun so don’t let all your school work and college research ruin that! What you remember from school won’t be staying up all night to study for a test but you will remember having fun going out with your friends and classmates!
Thank you so much for reading this blog post! I hope you enjoyed it! As always let me know if you have any blog posts requests!
Back to School season is officially in full swing and there are SO many companies releasing tons of cute school accessories! I thought I would share some of my favorite Marley Lilly new back to school releases! I love Marley Lilly because everything is and everything is super affordable! Plus Marley Lilly almost always has a free gift with purchase going on which is always super fun!
- Lunch Box: Everyone needs a cute lunch box for school and there are so many different ones on the market and these Marley Lilly ones are right up there with the others! They even come in a couple different prints!
- Headphones: I know that every person is different but I study best when I am listening to music so I like to keep headphones in my backpack or at my desk! These ones are super cute because they are not only monogrammed but they are also wireless so you don’t have to worry about any wires messing you up while you study!
- Tote bag: This tote bag is perfect if you don’t have a lot of textbooks that you have to bring to and from school! It is super cute and perfect for students!
- Acrylic Key chain: I feel like so many people at school have similar backpacks so I always like to put a key chain on mine so it is easier to tell mine apart! This one is super cute and it comes in so many different colors!
- Monogram Necklace: I wear the same jewelry pretty much everyday during the school year so I like to have jewelry that goes with everything! This necklace is super cute and it is affordable! So many monogram necklaces are super expensive! This will definitely go with so many different outfits!
- Cross body: Cross body bags are perfect for school because they can easily fit into your backpack but can definitely fit everything that you need!
- Herringbone Vest: I always am freezing during class so I like to keep a jacket in my bag! This vest is super cute and it goes with pretty much everything!
- Fabric Key Chain: I don’t have to wear my ID at school but I know a lot of people need too! These key chains are perfect to keep your ID handy so that you don’t loose it during the school day!
- Monogram Water bottle: My biggest essential for school is a water bottle and this one is super cute plus great quality! Keeping a water bottle in your backpack during school is definitely a must!
- Monogram Shirt Dress: I like wearing dresses to school because it is just so easy to throw on in the morning and you look put together! This dress does just that! It is so simple and comfortable but you will look very put together! Dresses like this one will make mornings before school go so much faster!
I hope you enjoyed this blog post and you found some inspiration from it! Cute school clothes and supplies always makes going back to school a lot more fun! As always if you have any blog post requests please let me know!
Thank you so much for reading!
So many people are currently trying to find the perfect planner to gear up for the upcoming school year! I have received so many requests to show how I use my Lilly planner so that is exactly what I am going to do for you today!
My schedule looks very different during summer than in the school year so I thought I would show May so you had a better idea of how I use my planner during school.
For the month at a glance I color code all the events by type! I love the Lilly planners because they give you a lot of space and each month is decorated super cute!
My week at a glance spreads aren’t too exciting. I just write down all my homework and anything important I need to remember to do each night!
If you want to look at the new Lilly planners for this upcoming year (The one pictured above is from last year) check out the Lilly website! Each planner comes with super cute stickers as well!
Thank you so much for reading! As always please let me know if you have any blog post requests!