I can not believe it but I started my Instagram account @MollyPreps a year ago today! This year has gone by SO fast but I am so grateful that I started it! I have had some amazing experiences and I have met so many new friends from all over the country! I have included a lot of my favorite photos over the past year in this post!
I came across this “Instagram Blogger” community last during the summer of 2016. I loved seeing everyone’s photos and I thought it would be so fun to do myself but it wasn’t until October I finally decided to make a second Instagram account to share my passion for photography and fashion. I remember thinking that night that I would probably delete the account in a couple of weeks or just stop posting because I wouldn’t have the time. Little did I know I would be sitting down a year later to update my blog and work on photo shoot details for a bunch of brand rep opportunities!
After creating my Instagram account I found a passion that I never knew I had. I love editing photos, writing blog posts, and communicating with all of you! My Instagram quickly became something I looked working on each night. I started to rep for a couple different companies shortly after creating my account and I have made some amazing friends through doing it!
Over the past year I have had so much fun taking pictures and talking to all of you over this past year! Your sweet DMs and comments seriously mean so much to me. I still can’t wrap my mind around the fact that over a thousand people want to follow me on social media. When I first started my account I didn’t think I would ever get more than 100 followers! I am so grateful for your support and I can not wait to see where I am a year from now!
Thank you so much for your continuous support!
I love writing blog post for you but I also love reading them! There are so many amazing bloggers out there and I wanted to share some of my favorites with you all today!
First off Cayleigh from CNPrepster is one of the sweetest girls I know! We have become really good friends through our blogs and I love all of our conversations! Her blog is so creative! I love all her posts and her photos are also super creative as well! One thing I like about Cayleigh’s blog are her outfit posts and her monthly goal posts! Make sure you check out her blog and her Instagram!
Faith from A Pocketful of Faith is another one of my super sweet blogger friends! She is a fellow Jadelynn Brooke Rep and her outfit posts are definitely my favorite! Her style is super cute and she always has the cutest jewelry on! Her posts are always written so well and her photos are always absolutely adorable! Make sure you check out her blog and Instagram!
Morgan from Atlantic Anchors is a super talented artist who makes and sells her own stickers! She also started an adorable blog! Her posts are well written and helpful! If you aren’t already following her I highly recommend it! You can check her blog out here and her Instagram here!
The last blogger I want to share with you today is Riley from the Northern Prepster! Riley is from Ohio but is currently attending college in South Carolina! Her style is super cute and my favorite posts that she does are the “Peak at my Week” posts! She always writes her posts so well! I always get super excited when I see a new blog post pop up in my inbox! Make sure you check out her blog and Instagram! You won’t be disappointed!
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this blog post and found some new bloggers to follow! As always if you have any blog post requests please let me know! I love hearing from you guys!
As promised I am back today with another social media related post! I get so many questions about my tips for Instagram so I decided to dedicate a whole post to it! I hope I answered all your questions but if you have any more questions don’t hesitate to ask!
- My biggest tip is to post good quality pictures! You don’t have to have a fancy camera or anything but just be aware of your lighting and double check your pictures to make sure nothing is blurry!
- Be Creative and add your own flair to your photos!
- Use hashtags! Hashtags are links that will bring people to your posts so it is important that you use some in order to grow your account!
- Collaborations are a great way to grow your account. Try talking to some account owners similar to yours and see if they would be interested as well!
- Post frequently: I have found that when I post daily I see the most success on my Instagram. Posting daily is a lot of work so if you don’t have the time I would recommend every other day or maybe even just post every Saturday and Wednesday. Make a posting schedule that your followers know about so they will come back to your account to look at your new content!
- Don’t spam: Try to stick to 1-3 posts a day and if you are posting more than once put at least a couple hours in between each post.
- Utilize your Instagram story! It helps you engage with your followers and let your followers know when you have uploaded new content!
I hope these tips helped you! If you have any more questions please let me know!
Thank you so much for reading!