I have been wanting to do more lifestyle posts on the blog so today I thought it would be perfect timing to share my Weekend Routine. I have shared some of my “tips” on my Instagram story before and you all gave me great feedback so I thought I would compile them all into a blog post in case your missed my Instagram stories.
I always take advantage of the weekends to get ahead on school work and blog content so I always write up a long to do list once I get done with classes on Friday or when I wake up on Saturday morning. This list will consist of everything from school work, what I need to work on for the blog, and any cleaning that needs to get done.
I always try to knock out all of the blog photos on Saturday and as much homework as I can. I find that getting the bulk of my work done on Saturday that way I have more time on Sunday to just relax. I will plan all my outfits that I need to shoot for the blog and have them ready to go for the photo shoot. Once I get back home I will upload all the photos, edit them and pick out which ones I want to post on Instagram and then organize all of the others ones for blog posts. I will also start getting all my assignments done for school.
Once all my work for the day is done I will typically curl up on the coach with my laptop, watch something on TV with my family and I try to get some more blog work done but I always find myself scrolling through Pinterest. I also like to use this time to work on any graphics for the blog or Instagram Stories for the upcoming week. I always like to leave the evening open to just relax.
I try to start Sunday with a slow start since I know the week ahead is going to be busy. I like to spend Sunday’s doing majority of my studying and getting my room cleaned and organized for the week.
One of the things I do every Sunday that really helps me stay organized is to go through all of my syllabi and fill everything for the week into my planner. This helps me to visualize everything going on in the week and prevents any surprise quizzes or papers from popping up during the week. I also like to do the bulk of my studying on Sundays as well.
Something else that really helps me is to plan out what I want to wear throughout the week. I normally write everything down in the “Notes” section in my phone and I will refer back to it during the week!
Once I finish everything that I wanted to get done I will spend some time reading or just having some me time. I like to pain my nails, catch up on my YouTube subscriptions and then I always make sure to get to bed early. Sunday is the start to each week so I always try to start it out being productive but also relaxing as much as I can.
Thank you so much for reading today! As always if you have any post requests please let me know!
I can not believe that it is already 2018! 2017 went by so quickly! It is that time of year when everyone is getting a new planner and I always think it is fun setting up a new planner each year! This year I decided to try something a little bit different. Instead of using a Lilly Pulitzer planner again, which I still love and would consider using again in the future, I picked a Recollections planner from Micheal’s. These planers are super cute and very similar to Erin Condren but much cheaper! I love how you can really use stickers in this planner where as with a Lilly planner it was a little harder just with the set up.
I asked you all on Instagram a couple months ago if you would like to see a over view of the Recollections planner and many of you said yes so that is exactly what I am going to share today! I have included lots of photos of the inside of the planner and I hope this helps you make your decision as to what type of planner you want to use this year!
I chose the vertical weekly layout because I think it is the easiest way for me to plan out my day. I also really like how the planner has a bunch of different stickers included in the book! This planner also has a double sided pocket in the back and a clear zippered pocket. This planner is a 18 month calendar but I went ahead and took out the pages from 2017 because I didn’t need them. Unfortunately, I do not believe you can get a 12 month planner from this brand.
Thank you so much for reading today! I hope you enjoyed this post! If you would like to see any other planner related posts let me know! As always if you have any post requests please let me know!
Happy New Years Eve! I can not believe that 2017 is coming to a close! This year has gone by so fast and I have had such a great year! I am however looking forward to the new year! I am very excited to see what is in store! At the start of every year I think that everyone creates goals for themselves that they don’t actually follow through with. I personally have never been one to set new goals for myself at the beginning of each year. But there are some things I have been working towards these past few months and am carrying them over to this new year.
One thing I want to continue to work on is to really enjoy all the little things. I am graduating high school in May and although I am very ready to graduate I know that I need to enjoy high school while it lasts.
Another thing I am wanting to work harder on this year on my blog content and Instagram photos. I have had so much fun creating content this past year and want to continue to increase the quality of my content and photos this year!
Throughout the summer I have so much extra time to read and I really enjoy it but during the school year, reading seems to take the back seat. One thing I really want to do this year is just pick up a book and read more! If you guys have any good book recommendations let me know!
Thank you so much for reading today! I hope you enjoyed this post! I hope you all have a wonderful 2018! As always if you have any post requests for this new year please let me know! I love hearing from you! I am excited to see what this year has in store! Thank you for all your support this past year!
Merry Christmas! Because of the holiday I have decided to keep this blog post short and sweet!
I hope you all have a very happy holiday season and you can spend it with all your family and friends!
A couple weeks ago my good friends Cayleigh from CNPrepster posted a blog post all about what she was grateful for and I thought it was a great idea so I wanted to do one myself as well! If you want to check out Cayleigh’s post you can here!
- My Family
- My House
- My Faith
- All my blog friends
- The Holidays
- My Health
- Free Wifi
- Cookie Dough
- Friendly People
- Family Time
- Christmas Traditions
- Hallmark Movies (Especially Christmas)
- Celebrating the Little Things
- Seasons Changing
- Visiting New Places
- Good Days
- Good Books
- Dancing with the Stars
- Meeting New Friends
- Being Productive
- Good Hair Days
- Fresh Flowers
- Lazy Days
- Long Talks
- New Beginnings
- Going to sleep early
- Fresh Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Long Road Trips
- Sunny Days
- Being Spontaneous
- Feeling Stress Free
- No School
- Access to Clean Water and Food
- Online Shopping
- Being On Time
- To-Do Lists
- My Laptop
- Family Traditions
- Sleeping in
- Snowy Days
- Christmas Lights
- Helping Others
- Fuzzy Socks
- Picnics on the Beach
- Optimistic People
- No Traffic
- Heated Seats
- Snapchat Memories
- Pool Days
- My Blog
- Having Fun Photo Shoots
- Hot Showers
- Mac & Cheese
- Social Media
- Chilly Mornings
- Friendly Strangers
- Good Mail Days
- Summer Vacation
- Crossing everything off your
- Hot Chocolate
- Fast Forwarding Through Commercials
- Colorful Pens
- Crossing Everything Off Your To-Do List
- Nail Polish
- Enjoying Nature
- All of you!
Thank you so much for reading today! I hope you enjoyed reading what I am grateful for this year! I encourage all of you to make a list of what you are grateful for this year!
I hope you are all having a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am so grateful for all you you!
Its Sunday which means I am back with another Sunday Snippet blog post!
I have received so many requests lately from so many people to talk about stress and my advice for eliminating it. Now let me start off by saying I am no expert and I 100% have nights where I don’t sleep, am rushing to finish assignments, and feel like I am never making any progress. I have figured out some things that help me keep calm and I wanted to share them with you. Obviously this works for me and my lifestyle and it can change for every single person. Just find what works best for you!
- Don’t Procrastinate: For so many people this could be such a hard thing to do because I know out my friends and family I am one of the few who can’t procrastinate. It honestly stresses me out even more knowing I haven’t started something yet. When I do wait until the last minute I find myself not producing my best work and I am not happy with the outcome. For many I know this could be the opposite though! I find that when I spend the extra time over the weekend to complete an assignment, finish a blog post, or clean my room I am so much happier throughout the week because I don’t have to worry about it!
- Do as much as you can the night before: If I know I have a to do list a mile long sitting on my desk when I go to bed I will never be able to fall asleep because I am so worried I am going to forget to do something or run out of time. For me this means I pick out my outfit the night before, complete all homework or projects due the next day, and lay out any study guides or notes that I want to read over before heading out for school. Another thing that I do pretty much every night before going to bed is cleaning up my room. When I wake up to a clean floor and an organized desk I feel so much more productive and ready to start the day with a fresh mind.
- Read a Devotional Regularly: I have found that when I am actively reading the Bible or a devotional I am so much less stressed because I am constantly reminded that God has a plan for me. The other night I was reading my devotional and the author wrote, “What you are going through is not a mistake”. This made me stop and think of all the stuff that was causing me to be anxious and stress and I realized that I could do everything God put on my plate because He will never give us more than we can handle.
- Have technology free time: Throughout high school I was always super strict with myself when it came to my phone and I would limit myself to how much I could use it throughout the week. I have found that when I am constantly checking social media and watching YouTube videos the stuff that really matters to me is put on the back burner. I like to spend parts of my week off my phone and just enjoying life. Unplugging will make a world of difference!
- Me time: This kinda relates to what I talked about before but throughout high school I feel like all I did was homework and I was constantly so stressed and anxious. I never stopped studying and I pretty much had no life outside of school. My schedule for senior year this year has been so much different than a typical high school schedule and I quickly realized how important it is to take a break from homework every so often and just enjoy life going on around you. Whether it is taking a break from your schoolwork, job, etc. I promise you will feel so much more refreshed and you will be so much happier! Make sure you are creating a healthy environment for yourself!
God will supply all your needs. Philippians 4:19
Thank you so much for reading! As always if you have any requests please let me know!