I have a super excited BONUS blog post for you all today! Jadelynn Brooke launched their project HAPPY last night to benefit Elementary school kids who lost everything during Hurricane Harvey!
For $30 you can purchase a brand new Jadelynn Brooke backpack filled of amazing school supplies! Here is a message from the Jadelynn Brooke website that explains more of the project Happy!
Your $30 will provide a child, who has lost all of their school supplies due to the Hurricane, with one of our brand new backpacks and all of the school supplies needed for an elementary student to have a fresh start! The filled backpacks will be delivered personally by Jade, Lexi “Lynn” and Brooke to the schools in need with a personalized card that we will fill out on your behalf that will be attached to the backpack you purchased for that child.
IMPORTANT: We have been in discussions with several principals from elementary schools that have been destroyed, but unfortunately we cannot give out this information until the temporary location for these schools and the start dates are confirmed. The list of schools will be discussed on our Instagram page once this list is finalized. We are relying on Houston ISD and other area ISD administrators to select the schools in the greatest need.
Thanks SO much for your support and for helping elementary children who were affected by Hurricane Harvey!!
Supplies that will be included in each backpack:
- 2 Water Bottles
- Elmers glue
- Notebook paper
- Spiral Notebooks
- 1 pair of Scissors
- Crayola crayons
- Pencil Pouch
- Glue stick
- Pencil Sharpener
- & a couple of SNACKS!
Help us help all those kiddos who need new school supplies for this school year!
I am about to enter my senior year of High School which is absolutely crazy! I can not believe it! I am super excited thought to embark on this new chapter of my life! I have received so many requests for High School advice posts so I thought I would focus on all those Juniors today!
I remember going into Junior year and every one was telling me it was going to be the hardest. I believe that to an extent but trust me it is nothing you should stress out about. It is just a regular school year with some added requirements. I put together 5 tips/pieces of advice that will help you this year but remember that every school and every state is different so my Junior year can look COMPLETELY different from yours!
- Take your SAT and ACT tests early! I waited until January to take the SAT for the first time and March to take the ACT the first time. By taking them so late I wasn’t given a lot of time to take them again to improve my scores. Luckily I have this entire school year to work on improving them but I highly recommend starting early that way you have lots of time to get the scores you want!
- Tour Colleges your Junior year! I have talked to so many people and they are always saying how they started touring colleges their senior year. I definitely recommend starting the process at the beginning of your Junior year because college is a big decision and you want to have a lot of time to make sure you find the perfect fit! Start looking through all those emails and pamphlets you have been sent from colleges now that way you can get a better idea of where you might want to attend come your Freshman year. Most college applications open August 1st of your senior year of high school so it is nice to have an idea of where you want to apply. But if you are still unsure going into your senior year it is okay! I promise you aren’t the only one feeling like that!
- Focus on your school work and grades. You junior year grades are what colleges will see when you apply to colleges so it is so important that you are doing your best!
- Your Junior and Senior year of high school are going to be very busy with all the college tours, applications, and your school work itself so I recommend getting a head start on applying to scholarships your junior year. This can help your schedule senior year be a little less stressful. For me last year I was so busy with all my assignments and studying the last thing I wanted to think about was scholarships so I waited until the summer and I think I will be able to handle it all in the fall but if your schedule Junior year is not crazy I definitely recommend getting a head start!
- Have fun and be involved! You only get four years of high school and once those four years are gone they are gone! Go to school events, participate in fundraisers, try out for the team you have been wanting to play on, and just enjoy it! High school is supposed to be fun so don’t let all your school work and college research ruin that! What you remember from school won’t be staying up all night to study for a test but you will remember having fun going out with your friends and classmates!
Thank you so much for reading this blog post! I hope you enjoyed it! As always let me know if you have any blog posts requests!
I am back with part two of my Bible Journaling blog post! Today I am going to be talking all about entries. If you are new to the blog and want to read part one you can check it out here! I have written out a couple of my tips for creating entries in my Bible but one of the amazing things about Bible Journaling is that there really aren’t any rules! I am just sharing some of the things I like to do!
- Date your entries! I love looking through my Bible and seeing the dates of my entries. It makes it so easy to see your progress and improvement when you add a date!
- Practice and use pencil when working in your Bible! When I first started Bible Journaling I practiced on a separate sheet of paper and then I moved into my Bible. I also recommend using a pencil before going in with paint, markets, and colored pencils. It is so much easier to get my lettering on my page knowing that I can erase!
- When I first started I looked on Pinterest a lot to get inspiration for some of my entries! I also love looking at other peoples entries on Pinterest because so many people use so many different techniques and it is always fun to try something new!
I found this illustration online that I thought I would share. This image is from Illustrated Faith and I think it perfectly describes Bible Journaling!
Thank you so much for reading! I hope this blog post was helpful for you! If you have any questions please let me know! I will do my best to get back to you as soon as I can! As always if you have any requests please let me know!
I have received so many requests on how I style my t-shirts so that is exactly what I am going to share with you today! I love wearing a cute shirt with simple shorts or leggings for school or even just running errands or hanging around the house. My two favorite companies to get t-shirts from at Jadelynn Brooke and Southern Girl Prep. I have discount codes for both companies so if you want 15% off your orders make sure you check out the “Rep Codes” tab on the blog!
This Jadelynn Brooke logo shirt is one of my all time favorites! I like pairing it with my mint Southern Marsh shorts! I love these knock off Jack Rodgers that you can find here! They are less than $15!
I received this Southern Girl Prep shirt in my summer rep box and I love it! I think the colors are so fun and they match my mint shoes from Target perfectly! I paired this outfit with a simple pair of jean shorts.
This Lilly Curls Designs shirt is one of my favorites! I love wearing it with white jeans in the colder months but white shorts look super cute with it in the summer! I wore the same knock off Jack Rodgers with this outfit that I did in the other!
Thank you so much for reading! Hopefully you liked this blog post! As always if you have any requests let me know!
Back to School season is officially in full swing and there are SO many companies releasing tons of cute school accessories! I thought I would share some of my favorite Marley Lilly new back to school releases! I love Marley Lilly because everything is and everything is super affordable! Plus Marley Lilly almost always has a free gift with purchase going on which is always super fun!
- Lunch Box: Everyone needs a cute lunch box for school and there are so many different ones on the market and these Marley Lilly ones are right up there with the others! They even come in a couple different prints!
- Headphones: I know that every person is different but I study best when I am listening to music so I like to keep headphones in my backpack or at my desk! These ones are super cute because they are not only monogrammed but they are also wireless so you don’t have to worry about any wires messing you up while you study!
- Tote bag: This tote bag is perfect if you don’t have a lot of textbooks that you have to bring to and from school! It is super cute and perfect for students!
- Acrylic Key chain: I feel like so many people at school have similar backpacks so I always like to put a key chain on mine so it is easier to tell mine apart! This one is super cute and it comes in so many different colors!
- Monogram Necklace: I wear the same jewelry pretty much everyday during the school year so I like to have jewelry that goes with everything! This necklace is super cute and it is affordable! So many monogram necklaces are super expensive! This will definitely go with so many different outfits!
- Cross body: Cross body bags are perfect for school because they can easily fit into your backpack but can definitely fit everything that you need!
- Herringbone Vest: I always am freezing during class so I like to keep a jacket in my bag! This vest is super cute and it goes with pretty much everything!
- Fabric Key Chain: I don’t have to wear my ID at school but I know a lot of people need too! These key chains are perfect to keep your ID handy so that you don’t loose it during the school day!
- Monogram Water bottle: My biggest essential for school is a water bottle and this one is super cute plus great quality! Keeping a water bottle in your backpack during school is definitely a must!
- Monogram Shirt Dress: I like wearing dresses to school because it is just so easy to throw on in the morning and you look put together! This dress does just that! It is so simple and comfortable but you will look very put together! Dresses like this one will make mornings before school go so much faster!
I hope you enjoyed this blog post and you found some inspiration from it! Cute school clothes and supplies always makes going back to school a lot more fun! As always if you have any blog post requests please let me know!
Thank you so much for reading!
Today was my first day of my senior year of high school and I am so sad this summer is over!! I have had the best time with my family and I wish we could start it over! I thought it would be fun to do a recap of a couple of my favorite memories from this summer!
- At the beginning of the summer we went to my Grandparents house and we had the best time. I have always loved going to my grandparents house. It will always be one of my favorite places to visit! My brother was there so the whole family was together and we even got to spend time with some amazing family friends of ours who moved a couple years ago!
2. On our way to my grandparents we stopped in D.C. and spent a couple hours sight seeing! We had a blast! If you want to read all about my trip to DC you can here!
3. At the beginning of June I launched my blog! I have had so much fun blogging and I am so excited to continue the blog! Your support has been amazing! I am so excited to continue the blog this coming school year!
4. I have always loved the Fourth of July! My family has always spent the day at the beach and then watching fireworks! I love our fourth of July traditions as a family! Of course I had to spend Fourth of July in Vineyard Vines!!
5. I have been touring lots of colleges lately and one of the schools I am looking at is in Tennessee. We spent two days up there so I could tour the school. My mom and I have always wanted to go to Nashville so we had to do some sightseeing while we were there too! We had such a fun time! If you want to read all about my trip you can here!
6. Every year my family goes on an annual camping trip and this year we had so much fun! We went camping in Alabama and we did a lot of hiking! We made some amazing memories!
7. To finish off the summer we spent a week visiting some family in friends in Ohio and Indiana. It was so nice to be able to hang out with everyone! We had a blast! I did not take any blog photos on this trip just to spend time with family and relax before school starts so I don’t have any photos to share unfortunately! This trip was the perfect ending to a great summer!
Thank you so much for reading! What did you guys do this summer? I would love to know! As always if you have any requests please let me know!
So many people are currently trying to find the perfect planner to gear up for the upcoming school year! I have received so many requests to show how I use my Lilly planner so that is exactly what I am going to do for you today!
My schedule looks very different during summer than in the school year so I thought I would show May so you had a better idea of how I use my planner during school.
For the month at a glance I color code all the events by type! I love the Lilly planners because they give you a lot of space and each month is decorated super cute!
My week at a glance spreads aren’t too exciting. I just write down all my homework and anything important I need to remember to do each night!
If you want to look at the new Lilly planners for this upcoming year (The one pictured above is from last year) check out the Lilly website! Each planner comes with super cute stickers as well!
Thank you so much for reading! As always please let me know if you have any blog post requests!